Infusing dry rosemary and olive oil is a simple and effective way to make a natural hair growth treatment at home. Here's how to do it:
- 1/2 cup of dried rosemary
- 1 cup of olive oil
- Crush the dried rosemary with a mortar and pestle or by rubbing it between your palms to release its essential oils.
- Place the crushed rosemary in a clean, dry jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Pour the olive oil into the jar, making sure that the rosemary is completely submerged.
- Close the jar tightly and shake it gently to mix the ingredients.
- Place the jar in a cool, dark place, such as a pantry or cupboard.
- Let the mixture infuse for at least two weeks, shaking the jar gently once a day to help distribute the rosemary.
- After two weeks, strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth to remove the rosemary.
- Transfer the infused oil to a clean, dry container with a tight-fitting lid.
- To use, warm a small amount of the infused oil in your hands and massage it into your scalp and hair. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes or overnight, then rinse it out with warm water and shampoo as usual.
Rosemary oil is believed to stimulate hair growth and improve scalp health, while olive oil is rich in antioxidants and helps to nourish and moisturize the hair. This infusion can be stored at room temperature for up to six months.